The section is dedicated to combating nuclear and radiological terrorism. It covers the whole range of measures aimed at reducing relevant threats and risks which began to develop rapidly after the September 11, 2001 and was titled "nuclear security". The section provides information and analysis of processes related to physical protection, accounting for and control of nuclear and other radioactive materials, countering illicit trafficking of such materials, nuclear forensics, etc. A great deal of attention is paid to the global nuclear security summits, information is provided on other international instruments in this field - conventions, global initiatives, programs and more. The issues of cyber and information security of nuclear facilities are covered as well. The section also presents information on the national legal framework in this area.
- The International Convention for the Suppression of Acts of Nuclear Terrorism and other international instruments to combat nuclear terrorism
- Global nuclear security summits
- Combating illicit trafficking of nuclear and other radioactive materials
- Accounting for and control of nuclear materials
- Nuclear forensics
- Cyber and information security of nuclear facilities
- The national legal framework in this area